Hi, my name is Karl.
I’m an artist, designer, and researcher tending to a garden of possiblity exploring the poetics of space.
Major Course catalog for my self-designed Bachelor of Arts Degree in Visual Sociology from Wheaton College as a Posse Scholar.
“education in a circle” — seneca
- Beginning Photo
- Intermediate Photography (300)
- Independent Study: Light + Form (300)
- Documentary Storytelling
- Arts in Ireland (Residency at the Burren College of Art)
- Capstone 1 + 2
- Families in Transition
- Independent Study: Visuality
- Visual Sociology
- International Honors Program:
- Culture and Society of World Cities
- Contemporary Urban Issues
learning from a turtle
what if your home is not separate from your body and you don’t need to will it into being… in any particular way… because it is you.
what if my body is not something i hide in, and instead is something that makes everywhere more comfortable